sábado, 11 de janeiro de 2014

O "Vitória": mais do que um cinema

Anúncio ao Vitória como cinema, salão de dança, casa de chá...
programa de 20 Outubro 1945

O "Vitória" (cinematógrafo) foi inaugurado a 8 de Janeiro de 1910 então com o nome "cinematografo". Quando o governo de Macau resolveu 'vender' mais licenças de jogo os donos do cinema “Vitória” lançaram-se na corrida. Após obras de remodelação reabriram a 18 de Maio de 1935 sob o nome de “Palácio Fortuna”. Para além de jogo, tinha restaurante, quartos, salão de dança e restaurante. Teve nova remodelação em 1938 e durou até Novembro de 1971 quando foi demolido e no local construído um edifício que albergou o banco Tai Fung .
Em 1955 teve ali lugar a estreia de "Caminhos Longos".
Located in the historic centre of Macau. The Teatro Victoria (806 seats) first opened on 8th January 1910, and screened its first film the following day. The building was made of wood, and was located on the Calçada Oriental. It had an unusual placement of the screen, which was hung in the centre of the auditorium, with seating on both sides, and a narrator describing the film from the side of the screen. The cheaper seats behind the screen saw the image in reverse. A new Teatro Victoria was built in 1921 on the corner of the main road Avenida Ameida Ribeiro, with an entrance on the narrow Rua dos Mercadores. It became the first cinema in Macau to be equipped for 'talkies' from 28th March 1928. Closed in July 1934, due to out-dated equipment and bad hygienic conditions, it was renovated and re-opened in 1935. The building now boasted a modern cinema, a casino, nightclub and a restaurant. The cinema was again renovated in 1938. The Teatro Victoria was closed on 25th November 1971, and was later demolished. A Tai Fung Bank building now stands on the site.
Década 1920

Sem comentários:

Publicar um comentário